Promoting your PartyLite business in print or online through business directories and all forms of social
media is not just a reflection of you, but also reflects PartyLite and every fellow PartyLite Affiliate.
PartyLite has developed this Social Media Communications Policy to provide rules and guidelines that
respect and protect the Company and assist you in using online tools to promote your PartyLite
It is every Affiliate’s responsibility to investigate and understand the business practices of those they
advertise and promote their business with.
Affiliates are required to adhere to the following rules:
• Affiliates are not permitted to refer to themselves in such a way that would lead anyone to
believe that they have control over a geographic area.
• An Affiliate must comply with the following conditions when using the “PartyLite” name or any of
our logos on all social media and personal websites:
o An Affiliate must clearly identify herself or himself as a “PartyLite Affiliate” in all
references to her or his affiliation with PartyLite.
o An Affiliate may use PartyLite approved product images and images posted by PartyLite
on its social communications sites, which may be shared with Affiliates.
• Affiliates may not engage with advertisers that use business practices and functionality that
interrupts a visitor’s online browsing or shopping experience on any PartyLite website.
• Affiliates may prepare user-generated content for promotional and marketing purposes, so long as
such content follows the foregoing requirements, as well as other rules set forth in this Affiliate
Social Media Manners
Below are common-sense tips for good manners and online etiquette:
• Do not write or post anything that might reflect negatively on PartyLite;
• Be honest and use your best judgment in all situations;
• Always be professional, especially when accepting criticism;
• Always be aware of, and protect, confidential PartyLite information and personal information
belonging to other Affiliates and customers.
Note: PartyLite does not endorse any Affiliate’s social media sites or its contents.
Prohibitions Regarding Social Media Websites
You are prohibited from using social media or other Internet connections in any manner that violates
any PartyLite policy, including but not limited to Company policy prohibiting the disclosure of
confidential information whether online or otherwise.
You are personally responsible for the material you post on social media, whether it is a blog or
website. If you maintain a social media site, you may be held responsible for content posted on that site
by third parties. You are encouraged to monitor and/or restrict such third-party content on all websites
and social media sites you maintain.
When posting or adding comments on any PartyLite company social media site or website, you must
avoid soliciting business for yourself. To keep PartyLite sites engaging for all Affiliates and visitors,
please adhere to the following:
• Do not post your Unique Affiliate Link or post links to any other website or social media site.
• Avoid posting any personal or business contact information, including address, phone number,
e-mail or city you live in. We will remove posts containing such information.
Affiliate Guide -10- Revised July 2020
• Do not encourage others to contact you.
• Help keep comments, links, photos and videos focused on being a PartyLite Fan. Do not
publish negative posts about other brands. We will remove any such post, link, photo, or video.
• By submitting posts, links, photos, videos and captions, you grant PartyLite permission to
publish them anywhere at any time, with all editing rights as PartyLite deems appropriate. Your
submission of these materials means you have obtained all necessary consents.
Commenting on Social Media Sites
• You may, provide “status updates” or otherwise comment on social media sites concerning your
promotional activity, but, in so doing you must not misrepresent your relationship with PartyLite.
• State only truthful comments about your experiences working as an Affiliate with PartyLite or
using PartyLite products, and never state false or misleading information about PartyLite or our
• Refrain from including content or material that may be construed as offensive, distasteful,
controversial or otherwise reflect poorly on PartyLite or your promotional activity.
• Do not make actual or implied earnings claims. Do not post anything that refers to how much
money you earn or represent to others how much she/he may earn if that person were to also
become a PartyLite Affiliate.
• If you choose to make product claims, use only the exact claims language found in approved
Company literature or official websites.