Advertising is a business investment with tremendous potential but no guarantees.
The best advertising to grow your business continues to be through social networking and “word of mouth”. Additionally, your commitment to provide outstanding professional service and follow-up is invaluable to growing your business! Affiliates will need to determine for themselves whether the costs of advertising will provide a good return on their investment. Word-of-mouth marketing is done person-to-person, on blogs, through brand advocates (online Customers!) and through social communications like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Because of that, there is an increasing value in networking and advertising your business online and through social media forums, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Rules and Guidelines for managing your social media provided below and in the Social Media Communications Policy Guide.
Promoting your Unique Affiliate Link through Search Engines
Search engines such as Google or Yahoo, are regularly used by consumers to search for websites. There are two types of results that typically appear in search engine queries – organic and paid listings. Organic listings are based on the search engine’s proprietary algorithm that will display results based on relevancy. To provide all PartyLite Affiliates with equal opportunities to grow their online business, Unique Affiliate Links will not appear in the results for organic searches and are not searchable. Paid listings are search results that are identified as “Ad” or “Sponsored Links” or “Sponsored Sites” and are displayed based on a combination of price paid for display and relevancy. PartyLite actively bids on paid search terms to enhance overall search effectiveness and drive potential customers to PartyLite websites. - In order to maintain fairness and equity, Affiliates are not permitted to bid on or use “PartyLite”, “PartyLite Gifts” or other trademarks of PartyLite (including, for example, “GloLite by PartyLite”, “Clearly Creative”, “World’s Brightest Candle”, etc.) or the PartyLite logo in any form of paid search listings. This includes search terms and advertising text.
Use of the word “Official”
Affiliates are prohibited from using the word “Official” when engaging in social media activities online or in any other media. In its place, PartyLite approves of the use of the word “authorized” and “independent”: Examples of acceptable terms
Authorized PartyLite® Store
Authorized PartyLite® Online Store
Authorized Online Shop Site
Authorized PartyLite® Shop Site
Authorized Shop Site
Examples of unacceptable terms
Official PartyLite Store
Official PartyLite Online store
Official Online Shop Site Official PartyLite shop site
Official Shop Site
Linking to your Unique Affiliate Link from another website, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etsy, your personal website or local message boards, for example, can be a great way to share information about your PartyLite business. If you choose to link to your Unique Affiliate Link, you must follow the policies below:
A. You may not link your Unique Affiliate Link, or PartyLite.com or PartyLite.ca websites, with any third-party website that:
1. Implies, either directly or indirectly, that PartyLite is endorsing any content on the thirdparty website or otherwise misrepresents its relationship with PartyLite;
2. Contains content or material that could be construed as illegal, offensive, controversial or distasteful (all linked websites must only contain content that is appropriate for all age groups);
3. Contains defamatory or derogatory information concerning PartyLite, its products or information, which may cause reputational injury to PartyLite;
4. Presents false or misleading information about PartyLite, its products or the opportunity.
B. In the event that cease to be an Affiliate, you must remove, or cause to be removed, the link(s) from all webpages where your Unique Affiliate Link was inserted.
C. If you are link your Unique Affiliate Link, you may use one of the following approved link texts:
1. “Shop PartyLite Your Way with me, your PartyLite Affiliate:”
2. “Shop PartyLite Your Way, your PartyLite Affiliate.”
3. “Love candles? So do I! Shop PartyLite Your Way, your PartyLite Affiliate.”
4. “Candle Obsessed? Me to! Shop today!”
D. Should you wish to create your own status updates and comments that have links to your Unique Affiliate Link you may do so by adhering to the Social Media Communications Policy
Third Party Marketplace Marketing Policy
As part of generating more leads and new customers for your business, PartyLite utilizes third party marketplaces for marketing programs. You may see PartyLite offers and promotions on sites like Rakuten. From time to time, there will be exclusive coupon codes and/or offers to help drive more customers to PartyLite websites. Affiliates are not eligible to purchase PartyLite products using any of these promotional codes. Affiliates may not advertise on any Third Party Marketplace websites that already have PartyLite listed as an advertiser.
Use of Approved Copies and Images
PartyLite Affiliates may use promotional materials and images from approved PartyLite websites . In all instances where approved imagery and copies are used, the words, “PartyLite Affiliate”, must be prominently displayed. As a PartyLite Affiliate, you are responsible for the verbal or written representations you make to customers and potential new Affiliates concerning PartyLite and its products. You may not compare PartyLite products or the Company to any other company or their products. To ensure you are providing your customers with correct information, we suggest you review your presentations to determine the accuracy of your information.
Note: PartyLite selectively monitors all avenues of advertising to ensure appropriate messaging and has the right to request removal of any presentation or visuals that are deemed inappropriate to our core values and brand.
Registering your business with online and print Business Directories
This practice does not require PartyLite pre-approval, provided the guidelines below are followed. The online profile you create in any business directory must clearly identify you as an independent PartyLite Affiliate. You may not link readers to the PartyLite company website. Additionally, linking readers from these directories to any site other than your Unique Affiliate Link is not allowed.
Example of an approved Business Directory Listing:
PartyLite Independent Affiliate Name Your Street address #1
Your Street address #2
City, State/Province Zip / Postal Code
Your phone #
Your e-mail address
www.partylite.com/firstnamelastname / www.partylite.ca/firstnamelastname
Hours of availability
Additional contact information (phone #, fax #)
Unauthorized Internet Listings
You may not list PartyLite products for sale on any online retail, auction, or flea market sites, including but not limited to eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, Groupon, and Living Social. Such use is a violation of your Affiliate Agreement and may result in immediate termination of your Affiliate agreement with PartyLite.
You may promote your Unique Affiliate Link on blogs, vlogs, social networking sites, personal websites and other public internet communications means. Websites based on user participation and usergenerated content, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, WhatsApp, SnapChat, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube, are allowed.
Please note that, by allowing Affiliates to participate in Internet-based, social communications and advertising, PartyLite is not endorsing any of these forums.
• An Affiliate may not use any PartyLite trademark name or logo in a website URL address, social media page or site name or personal website. This includes PartyLite® or any other trademark name belonging to PartyLite. Affiliate Guide -13- Revised July 2020
• You may link to the PartyLite company website from any social media site, but to build your followers, you will want to link from your social media sites to your Unique Affiliate Link (Never post a link to your Unique Affiliate Link on the Corporate PartyLite Facebook Page or any other Company owned social media site.)
• An Affiliate may advertise charitable events, such as the American Cancer Society Relay For Life on free online communities, including Facebook, Instagram or blogs. However, the Affiliate must include “PartyLite Affiliate” in the ad.
• If you use product claims, use only the exact claims found in approved Company literature or our official website(s).